Or more accurately, back to the FutureQuake. For the last few weeks, I’ve been beavering away on the finished artwork for my strip; all five pages are now inked, and have the flat tone applied to them. I’ve also completed the shading on page one. You can see a sample of the finished result below:
I wish I had time to revisit some of the panels that I’m not so happy with, but it’s difficult enough to grab time in the evenings and weekends to work on it. My workload has been increased even further by the editor asking me to paint the cover for the next issue, something that I’m very thrilled to be doing.
I’ve completed the initial sketch for the cover image (below), and will be getting on with painting it as soon as I’ve sorted out my damned tax return. The cover is full colour, full bleed, so it will be an interesting challenge.